new owner

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS1. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

new owner

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:17 am

HI:
I am in Canada, Victoria BC.
A friend just bought a 17', day sailer and needs any information that any of you guys have. We are not sure when it built, in the 70's but that's all. If anyone has any tips we would really appreciate it. It is such a nice little boat for our waters here. Being an island there are lots of nice places to go. He has lots of boating experiences but not much in a sailboat.
That you for any thing you may have, sailing tips, ect.
Marilyn

marilyn irvine (marilynirvine-at-shaw.ca)

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:36 pm

Marilyn -

Contact the class association secretary:

Secretary - Patricia Skeen, Fleet 89 - Eugene, OR. (541) 689-2190 Fax 461-3146 skeenjp@aol.com

She can get you in touch with the Canadian Regional Vice President, Steve Grimaldi who lives in the Victoria area.

Don Trop (don.trop-at-comcast.net)

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:20 pm

Thanks to all that sent info on new DaySailer.
If any one has pics of their DS1 in the water with sails up we would love to have a look at them.

marilyn irvine (marilynirvine-at-shaw.ca)

Postby gary l. britton » Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:15 pm

Hi Marilyn:

Congratulations on your purchase of a Day Sailer. I am sure that you will have may hours of endless fun with it. I have a 1966 DS I and sail at a near by lake and am having a great time with the boat. I have photos of "Dancing Girls II" on Odayowners.com and the Odayowners group on yahoo. There are also a couple of other photos on either site that might help you. Go to www.odayowners.com and drop down the "boat info center" tab: then click boat photos & specs. On the next page on the left side, click "daysailer" to bring up info on the O'Day Daysailer. Then click the "photos" and then view the photos. (they have made changes in this website recently and you may have to join to view the photos. There is no cost and you can also fine lots of information on the Daysailer. I routinely check this site and the odayowners website for information)

Have fun with your new boat.

Fair Winds

Gary
Dancing Girls II
gary l. britton

Postby Bob Hunkins » Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:56 pm

Hi Marilyn,

Congrats on the boat! Hope you enjoy it.
Since you asked, Here's the address of a recent photo of my DS I with the sails up:
http://www.bobhunkins.com/surprise/archive/000258.html
Bob Hunkins
Site Admin

Postby Peter McMinn » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:51 pm

Marilyn,
Take a deep dive into http://boonedocks.net/daysailer/ [Ed: Now located here at daysailer.org]. Check out the loads of discussion on almost everything related to these boats.

Have fun.
Peter McMinn

Return to Day Sailer I Only