DS 1 centerboard handle

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS1. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

DS 1 centerboard handle

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:03 am

Wanted to post this before my incipient CRS precludes anyone from benefiting from what may be a good thing.

Don't know if anyone needs one, but I happened to discover a complete DS 1 centerboard handle assembly on the shelf at a marine consignment store in Mystic, CT over the weekend. The handle, triangular cover plate and pawl. They were tied together with a tag showing a price of $30.00. The store is on Holmes St, right hand side as you head toward the bridge; as you enter the store turn right and head down the aisle between the storefront and the first rack. About 1/2 to 2/3 of the way down look on the shelves about chest high among the blocks and such.

Bill Herrick (wherrick-at-stny.rr.com)

DSI Centerboard Handle

Postby Greg Adams » Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:27 pm

Will you post the telephone number and address of the store that has the handle for sale.
Thank you
Greg
Greg Adams

DS 1 centerboard handle

Postby BillHerrick » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:00 am

Sorry, but can't help with the name and phone number. We were passing through and stopped on a whim. Bought a couple of things but don't have the receipt. Maybe you can google marine consignment stores.
Bill Herrick
Upstate New York
BillHerrick

DS 1 Centerboard handle

Postby Charlie Harper » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:40 am

Bill,
Thanks for taking the time to make that post. I was in need of a replacement handle and was able to locate the store in Mystic through their web site. I bought the handle and plan on intalling it this winter when I drop my centerboard to do some work.
Charlie Harper

Return to Day Sailer I Only