New Member!

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS1. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

New Member!

Postby russell » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:45 pm

Hello to Everyone.
Glad to have found the web site! Well,about 17 yrs ago I picked up the Penny Pincher" saw a sailboat for 50 bucks,went to the guys house(had it in his garage on some stacks of wood,put it in the back of the truck and drove it home and set it up on its side next to the garage.Latter that summer I bought a tilt traler for 75.00 and a guy had one just liek it he turned into a fisihng boat so I bout his standing rigging and sales for 75.00.So this year I am going to put this thing together(lots of gel coat blisters all over the bottom.Wood is about rotted off,but you know I have actually sailed it about three times.So I'll soon post some pics and take all the advice I can get.Even found another guy in the forum from my hometown(Macon,Ga.)who also owns one of the Classics!HEy I see a new fleet on the horizon.Anyway,glad to be here.Pics on the way
Russ
russell

Return to Day Sailer I Only