Think I'm going to have to sell 28 Cents

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS1. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

Re: Think I'm going to have to sell 28 Cents

Postby rnlivingston » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:39 pm

Hi Peter

I'm not sure were you are located, but if you are close enough to Webster, MA, I may be able to help you with your Day Sailer. I own two O'Day DaySailer 1 and I am very active at the Webster Sailing Association.
Roger Livingston
DS 6872
Mariner 4096
rnlivingston

Postby johnsodaj » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:01 pm

Somehow it's gotten through 2 owners since Pete bought her. I just bought her over the weekend from a gentleman on Cape Cod. I'm excited to have found her and now will take on the project of cleanup and a bit of restoration. Doesn't look like too much of a job (although the centerboard is out so I have to figure out how to block her up off her trailer so i can put it back on and paint the hull. If any of the former owners have any insights on her, let me know. She was just what I was looking for. I've had bigger sailboats (my last was an Ericsson 34) but was looking for something to take on and off the beach here in the cape. Is she truly a 1962 as the Vessel registration from CT says she is? I know a few things have been redone but if the boat truly is as old as I am (I was born in 1962), I'm going to ask it for fitness advice!. Any issues or quirks I should be aware of?
johnsodaj

Postby kokko » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:29 pm

Welcome to the forum. I have been able to get the cb off and on the boat by dropping the trailer tongue to the ground. The aft end of the boat lifts enough for me to slide the cb out. I had to remove the roller the cb sits on. Others will put a sawhorse under the aft end, so when the tongue is raised, the end is off the trailer.
DS1 Truelove
kokko

Postby itguy1010 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:15 pm

Oops... :oops:

Replied to an old posting.
Eric White
The "Jackie Beck"
73 DSII #6428
itguy1010

Postby johnsodaj » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:21 pm

Doesn't matter. I just got a great idea from it. Thank you!
johnsodaj

Previous

Return to Day Sailer I Only