Any Marthas Vineyard Daysailers?

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS1. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

Any Marthas Vineyard Daysailers?

Postby PeteVandall » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:46 am

Hi all,

I am new to the board this year. I purchased a 1962 O'Day last year and I'm going to keep it on Martha's Vineyard. Is there anyone on here that live or vacation on the island that might be able to offer advice and guidance on the boat? I've never sailed one before.

Thanks and have a great rest of the week.

Pete Vandall
Stamford, CT
PeteVandall

Re: Any Marthas Vineyard Daysailers?

Postby elcanfield4 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:26 pm

This is a pretty old thread - but I'm on the island and in the same boat as you were when you posted. I was recently gifted with a daysailer as a newbie. Have you figured it out? Any insight you'd like to share after sailing on the island?

Emma
Newtown, Ct
elcanfield4

Re: Any Marthas Vineyard Daysailers?

Postby GreenLake » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:51 pm

Welcome to the forum, Emma.

Pete may or may not access the forum; your best chance would be to send him a "PM", if the forum allows it (you may fist need to make a minimal number of regular posts).

Do we understand that you are new to sailing, and have received a DS? There may be others, not necessarily local to you, who might be happy to chime in with advice, so go ahead and ask.
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Return to Day Sailer I Only