Day Sailer Look Alike

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS1. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

Day Sailer Look Alike

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 16, 1999 12:00 am

I just came across a boat (not a Day Sailer) that has 2 drop down, by levers, centerboards. Although they are not in the center. There is one on each side of the center of the boat. Looks similar to a DS 1 with raised cuddy, but has wooden grab handles on top of the cuddy. It also has wood coamings around the cockpit. Anyone know what it might be?

Fred Menschel (FRED-at-ROADWORKSAUTO.COM)

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 16, 1999 12:00 am

Fred,
I have a friend with a Chrysler 17ft. that has 'lee' boards and sounds a lot like the one you describe.
His boat does not have a full cuddy though. It is a 1969 vintage as best I can remember.

Jim Brown (rasp-at-fuse.net.com)

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 20, 1999 12:00 am

Sounds like a "Racing scow" to me..Daysailer are meant to be sailed "upright"...A racing scow ..however..has a hull designed to be sailed "on it's side" so to speak..that is probabaly why the two centerboards... one for each side of sailing..

Jeff Piersons (Lakeleach-at-clarityconnect.com)

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 21, 1999 12:00 am

Or maybe the 2 centerboards was a way to free up space in the cabin...no centerboard trunk in the middle, instead they could be along the inward edges of the seats..?

Kevin Clark
Dallas, Texas

Kevin Clark (clarkr-at-aud.alcatel.com)

Postby Guest » Mon May 07, 2001 1:51 pm

I concur with a previous poster...before I bought my DaySailor I was looking at a Chrysler 13 LoneStar which had a cuddy like the DaySailor and two 'bilgeboards' as they were called. Neat little boat but a lot tippier than the DaySailor.

My .02 anyway,
Chris

Chris (will592-at-yahoo.com)

Return to Day Sailer I Only