Hull Number Question

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS1. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

Hull Number Question

Postby Jim Smythe » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:21 pm

Although I haven't sailed since Sea Explorers approximately 40 years ago, I've always had the dream of sailing again upon my retirement. Last Spring I made the "plunge" by purchasing an O'Day and have spent many happy hours sailing her on beautiful Lake Tenkiller near my home in Oklahoma.

Now for the embarrassment of my question. What do I own? The title implies my O'Day is a 1977 model with the stamped aluminum Identification Plate on the transom reading: O'Day Company, Fall River Mass. Hull No. 25123, Class No. 4601. In searching this site and several others, I'm unable to find a match in regard to the Hull Number and the Year of Manufacture.

Thanks for your time and hopeful assistance
Jim Smythe

match to sample

Postby Roger » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:52 pm

I have pictures of a DS I, II, and III. If you will send me a message at roger02@mts.net, I will reply with the 3 picture attachements and you can determine if it is one of the 17' daysailer models. Although all are the same length, there are some characteristic differences that will identify yours immediately. My inital assumption from your numbers is that it is a Daysailer I, but I have been known to be wrong before when speculating.
Roger

Return to Day Sailer I Only