More questions from new DS1 owner

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS1. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

More questions from new DS1 owner

Postby Wyatt » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:49 pm

I would like to refinish my boat over the winter and am hoping for a few pointers.

The original hull color is a green-blue which I think is called Carribean Blue. Is there a good hull paint out there to match the original color?

How were the inside surfaces of the DSI originally finished? I see remnants of white gelcoat on the inside hull, but then on the underside of the deck I am finding a blue-flecked gel coat. Has anybody tried spraying a new gelcoat finish instead of painting?

Are there any plans out there for the mahogany decking? I'm concerned about the spacing of the cross-supports.

Lastly, I'm happy to report that I found the original manufacturer's plate which I though was missing, tucked away in one of the shelves. I don't know why the plate was removed. Possibly to obtain the title with the state of NJ, as the boat also has a NJ issued hull number (welcome to NJ).

She's no. 2922

Thanks in advance,

Wyatt.

PS. I saw Sail No. 1 (DSII) on Spruce Run reservoir this past Monday.
DS1 2922
Wyatt

Return to Day Sailer I Only