Now I don't have to put my motor in the backseat of my car

For issues common to different models of DaySailer.
Except Rigging and Sails.

Moderator: GreenLake

Now I don't have to put my motor in the backseat of my car

Postby zeroready » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:36 am

2 2x8s glued and screwed together. Finding the right size square u-bolts was tough. Local hardware stores didn't have any big enough so I had to order. The first two pairs I got just weren't big enough, so I got the biggest I could find. Third time was the charm. But they didn't come with the bracket so I had to drill holes and cut to size some steel stock, wasn't too bad.

Credit for the design goes to this guy http://faculty.augie.edu/~swart/CP-16/m ... stand.html

I will use more steel stock to make supports from the mast support of the trailer to the wood, but I honestly don't think it even needs it. It is solid as a rock, I can lift and move the trailer by the wood and it doesn't jiggle or anything. Not shown but I'll secure the motor somehow with rope just in case.

Been wanting to get this done for a while but it took so long to find the right u-bolts. I'm really happy to have the motor out of my car. First test drive will be tomorrow, hopefully with a good day of solo sailing as well.
zeroready

Re: Now I don't have to put my motor in the backseat of my c

Postby GreenLake » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:10 am

Thanks for the update!
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Return to Repair and Improvement