How to Rig and Fly a Spinnaker

Moderator: GreenLake

Re: How to Rig and Fly a Spinnaker

Postby GreenLake » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:41 pm

Just finished rigging the boat for the season; I know, a bit late :) but nothing this year has been as forecast.

Now, I ended up with a longer stretchable part on the uphaul. Thinking that 42" might work. When not in use, I store the UH along the mast (the shackle gets clipped to the mast ring). Total unstretched length is just slightly less than the distance from upper eye-strap to the mast ring, so there's slight(!) tension on the UH when not in use. I've marked this with a note in my original post discussing the geometry.
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Postby tomodda » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:54 pm

Greenlake: Thanks for the tips! Question, where exactly are you attaching the uphaul along the mast? At the spreaders, or?

Tom
tomodda

Postby RobH912 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:24 pm

Still following this thread :D
Rob

DS1 #2444
Cape Cod
Eastham, MA
RobH912

Postby GreenLake » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:59 am

Thanks for following, Rob. Tom, there is an eye-strap 60" above the mast ring. All my measurements assume that location for the UH. The DH position I have is too far back; I may get around to adding yet another fairlead a bit further forward. Will see, but probably not at the forward edge of the cuddy, because I want to be able to rig everything while standing in the cockpit (and the current position, while too close to the mast, is not that terrible - mostly works - so I figure I'm not that far off).
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Previous

Return to Rigging