anyone know an easy way to remove moss

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS2. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

anyone know an easy way to remove moss

Postby adam aunins » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:04 am

I have that gray/green moss ,that you see on treebark, on my topside. very hard to scrub off. Anyone know an easyer way to remove it.
adam aunins

cleaning

Postby adam aunins » Thu May 10, 2007 5:52 pm

FYI I used (No scratch Comet with Bleach) to get things cleaned up. Others told me to use TileX or other bathroom cleaners with bleach ie softscrub things like that. Home depot and lowes sells a deck and fence wash that kills mold and is more outdoor safe than laundry bleach just mix it up in a pump sprayer and go to town. which you use will depend on how far gone the finish on your boat is
adam aunins

Postby Reef » Fri May 11, 2007 8:07 pm

Hi - If it's REALLY bad and has stained things a bit there is a marine cleaner called On/Off that does a remarkable job. Be warned though, that this stuff is powerful and that while it won't damage your boat's finish, it can hurt you if you don't follow the safe handling precautions (especially ensuring adequate ventilation). This should handle any stains resulting from moss and mold as it makes fairly short work of rust stains too.
Reef

Return to Day Sailer II Only