Boat Pics

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS2. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

Boat Pics

Postby psness » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:39 am

What a great new forum layout. This site has been a Godsend for me since I bought our DS II last Spring. So many questions answered to help me through some of the renovation work we did. Thought I'd post some pics. The hull was a pasty orange when we bought her, so we did some cosmetic body work, re-designed the rudder/new gudgeon configuration, and painted the topside, hull and blue stripe (what a job but it came out great). We also bought a nice used mainsail at Bacon in Annapolis and had new cuddy doors made out of teak ply that look great. Alas, she is going to be put away for the winter this weekend, but I'm already working on a list of projects like stripping and re-painting the bottom coat, shortening and re-finishing the tiller, finishing the cuddy doors, and trying to find that pesky bilge leak.

Paul
Lake Marburg, PA

[thumb=27] [thumb=28]
psness

Postby texaspsdx » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:11 am

Great looking boat. I just purchased a 1975 DS II and have enjoyed this site a lot also. Working on a few things to get ready to put in water hopefully next weekend.
Ron
texaspsdx

Postby boone » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:56 pm

Glad you figured out the picture posting method.

Now that you've done some restoration on your DS2, can you write up a little bit about what you did...what methods and materials, etc.? I've been putting off repaining my DS2 forever, and I'd like to start planning how to do it. Any good photos you have of the restoration process would be nice to get on the website.

Thanks!
boone
Site Admin

Postby Roger » Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:01 pm

just a reminder that pics of my minor restoration are at the following site... http://groups.msn.com/RogerConrad/shoebox.msnw
Roger

Return to Day Sailer II Only