Trouble with the Centerboard Cable System

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS2. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

Re: Trouble with the Centerboard Cable System

Postby GreenLake » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:27 am

I think you are out of luck. I checked some long-forgotten folders with images but didn't find this one.

Note that Paul speaks of a CB that had "weights" attached to it. That's definitely not factory original. His diagram may also not be about removal just raising/lowering.

Now, if you keep searching, you'll find more recent threads that have great diagrams of the DSII CB setup, but most immediately, the photos seem to cover the removal. The first one should be all you need (if your boat has that design).
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Postby IslandFarmer » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:23 am

Thanks for looking, GL. The 2014 and 2015 posts I found have given me a really good sense of how to remove my centerboard and how it works.
1983 DSII 12250
Stonington CT
IslandFarmer

Postby ArchSail » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:52 am

IslandFarmer - In Roger Conrad’s DSII Maintenance PDF, I found a centerboard illustration credited to Paul. I haven’t gone over it in fine detail but personally SUNBIRD’s diagrams appear to contain the same info and may be a little easier to decipher.
ArchSail

Postby IslandFarmer » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:33 am

Hey thanks, ArchSail. I didn't think to look beyond the first part of the manual. : )
It's a nice complement to Sunbird's pics.
1983 DSII 12250
Stonington CT
IslandFarmer

Previous

Return to Day Sailer II Only