Help mast glassed in to cuddy roof

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS2. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

Help mast glassed in to cuddy roof

Postby Red Ron » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:09 pm

Hi all
I bought a 1973 day sailor 2 hull # 26508, class#5038 that was in fairly good shape .The PO at some time had broken the mast off, that he replaced with a two piece mast that has a short support with a hinged mast step on top of the cuddy roof, then the mast was fiber glassed solid in the cuddy roof, no partner or hole for the support to pass through .
My problem is I have to much weather helm and unable to properly adjust the mast . I don’t know if the mast step on the cuddy floor was also moved, I am going to cut a new hole in the cuddy roof and need two measurements inside the cuddy cabin , one from the top inside back of the cuddy bulkhead to the center of the hole in the cuddy roof, and one from the inside bottom of the cuddy bulkhead to center of the mast step attached to the cuddy floor. (double click drawing below ) if someone would give me the measurements it will be greatly appreciated happy sailing. :D
[thumb=729][/img]
blueskys
Ron 1973 DaySailer 11 Mrs Gennie
Hull#26508 Class#5038
Southern Maryland
Red Ron

Return to Day Sailer II Only