Picture of DSII centerboard downhaul

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS2. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

Re: Picture of DSII centerboard downhaul

Postby SUNBIRD » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:32 pm

Check your hull/deck joint. mine leaked about that much before I resealed a few seemingly small cracks/gaps in the factory filler.
My CB lift cable hole has always been well sealed, never a leak.... at least O'DAY got one boat right. (Don't get me started about other odd
"defects".)
Rod Johnson, "SUNBIRD"
1979 DS II, # 10201
SUNBIRD

Postby Salty Dog » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:24 pm

Tim
I like your cleats for the CB I'm going to do mine like that. I also noticed that the hatch on the port side seat has a fabric type latch with maybe a snap closure. I like that, my leg has scars on it from the original latch assembly. Which is what is still on my boat.

SD
Salty Dog

Postby TIM WEBB » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:18 pm

Thanks SD - those cleats work great!

Yes, I put some weather stripping on the underside of the "icebox" lid, and installed that Type 17 strap with a button snap and a snad. It never had any sort of original latch on it. Also sealed up the bungee hinges, but anytime I get water in over the rail, it still gets in there. It's useless as an icebox - I pretty much use it as a trash can ... ;-P
Tim Webb
1979 DS2 10099 The Red Witch
(I used to be Her "staff", in the way dogs have owners and cats have staff, but alas no longer ... <pout>)
TIM WEBB

Postby rkinross » Sun May 17, 2015 9:18 am

Here you go.

centerboard.jpg
centerboard
centerboard.jpg (41.24 KiB) Viewed 3641 times
rkinross

Previous

Return to Day Sailer II Only