Replacement logo badges?

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS2. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

Replacement logo badges?

Postby bcardarella » Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:07 am

I'm going to restore a 1972 DS2 this Winter. The two "Daysailer II" badges on the cabin port/starboard are busted. Is there someplace I can buy replacements?
bcardarella

Re: Replacement logo badges?

Postby GreenLake » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:47 pm

Are these stickers?

Many graphics firms can make stickers that you apply to hull or deck. All you would need is an image that is close enough that somebody can recreate the artwork for it.

If they are the little raised plastic emblems, I don't know what you can do. Some while ago someone mentioned that he had done a mold. But this may have been for DS1.

Alternatively, if enough pieces survive to cobble together one of them, you might be able to make your own mold and cast replacements from some suitable material.

Perhaps someone else has a better suggestion.
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Postby bilbo » Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:43 am

If you know someone with a 3D printer they may be able to make some for you. I’m not sure how the resins used for that hold up to UV, but I think that’s about the only way you would be able to get one of those emblems any more. Otherwise if you can settle for stickers it would be easier. They can be ordered custom or made with a Cricut.
bilbo

Postby GreenLake » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:24 pm

@bcardella

On the off-chance that someone is parting out a boat that matches your vintage, you could put a "want to buy" add at the bottom in the appropriate forum section.
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Return to Day Sailer II Only