Day Sailer II Manual

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS2. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

Day Sailer II Manual

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 23, 2003 3:31 pm

After having mailed out many, many copies of the original O'Day-supplied Owners Manual and Rigging Guide for my DS II, I have turned the text into a word document and added further information and updates. This expanded (12 pages) manual includes additional diagrams and a few pictures. I am continuing to refine this booklet, and with help from Mike Boone and other DS owners, hope to eventually create a first-class book on Day Sailer advice.

In the mean time, I will offer to send out a copy of my expanded manual to Day Sailer owners that would like to have a copy. Due to the added info, and the fact that after 2 years of being out of work, I'm pretty broke, I now need to charge a small fee for this manual. My price is $7.00 including shipping within the United States. For Canada I'll have to get the mailing cost from the Post Office and charge accordingly.
I am working on an expanded manual for the DS I as well. The DS II manual should also apply (mostly) to the DS III.

Rod Johnson, "SUNBIRD" (daysailermanual-at-juno.com)

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:26 pm

Since posting the above, I have created a DS III manual, it is still a bit rough and I need to seek advice from Rudy at D&R about a few details. I'm also working on a DS I manual, but that will take a bit more research. If any Widgeon Owners need a manual, that is in the works as well.

Rod Johnson, "SUNBIRD" (rjohnson24-at-juno.com)

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:52 pm

Rod,is your information on the DSII availble at this time? If so what do we need to provide you?

Mike Shaw (shaw_md-at-yahoo.com)

Postby texaspsdx » Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:15 pm

I'm interested your manual also. Do you still have available? I have the one that came with the boat "Have Fun Learning to Sail" that has knots and standing/running rigging diagrams in back. I'm looking for something different from this and giving a lot more info.
Ron
texaspsdx

Day Sailer Manuals

Postby Rod Johnson_SUNBIRD » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:02 pm

:D
Yes, the manual is still available and getting better all the time. Mine definitely has much more Day Sailer II specific info than the book you have. Send me an e-mail direct at rjohnson24@juno.com and I can send out a manual (via US Mail) to you. I'll need a mailing address to send the manual, and can give you my address for the check.

THANKS!

Rod Johnson, "SUNBIRD"
Rod Johnson_SUNBIRD

Return to Day Sailer II Only