CDI flexible furler with genoa for sale - still available

Ads are automatically removed after 60 days.

Moderator: GreenLake

CDI flexible furler with genoa for sale - still available

Postby dpatrick » Mon May 01, 2017 2:21 pm

I have a CDI furler with a nice Hallet sail genoa for sale. It came with my daysailer 2 and I don't ever use it as I prefer the standard hank on jib and would rather have a spinnaker. It has built in forestay measuring 189". Sail luff is 172", foot is 112", leech is 160". The furler is slightly adjustable by stacking washers underneath. CDI model FF1, new it sells for $400, I'm looking for $500 with the sail, plus shipping
Furler information...
The Cruising Design (CDI) FF1 furler provides one of the most inexpensive, effective ways to get more use from your boat while increasing safety. From your cockpit in a matter of minutes you can furl or reef your jib, genoa or staysail with ease—a great boon for small boat owners since the smaller the boat, the more difficult the foredeck work.

The CDI Flexible Furler one piece, PVC single groove luff extrusion is stiff in torsion for better reefing and furling but flexible in other directions for easy handling when raising and lowering the mast — a great choice for trailerables and other boats where the mast is frequently raised and lowered. There are no joints to bend or break as with non-flexing metal extrusions which must be made in sections for shipment purposes.

The CDI flexible furler also features an internal halyard which makes it possible to raise and lower sails while underway. This halyard eliminates the halyard loads from the bearings making reefing easier. It also eliminates halyard wraps and those troublesome halyard swivels. The tack fitting is a simple lashing that won't fall overboard (unlike a pin or shackle). A durable one-piece furling drum keeps the furling line in place.

And, the price is right! Although the CDI Flexible Furler is not designed to accommodate racing headsail changes, it is designed to meet the needs of the majority of boat owners. And it does not cost a fortune to buy, install or maintain.

The CDI Flexible Furler — a very durable system for boats that are trailored. Great where the mast is stepped frequently — forestay comes down with extrusion in place!

CDI Flexible Furlers are too large to be shipped by the post office. The Furlers arrive coiled, open with caution. Uncoil and let relax in the sun for 24 hours before installation.
Attachments
IMG_0524.jpg
IMG_0524.jpg (148.7 KiB) Viewed 580 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (131.89 KiB) Viewed 604 times
image1.jpg
image1.jpg (150.11 KiB) Viewed 604 times
dpatrick

Re: CDI flexible furler with genoa for sale

Postby druidae1492 » Sun May 28, 2017 4:26 pm

That looks like a very nice deal. If all goes well and it is still available I might be able to afford it later this summer. :)
We can not control the weather, we can only adjust our sails.
Freyjanna. Hull 10179, sail 1786.
druidae1492

Postby GreenLake » Mon May 29, 2017 12:51 pm

Remember, ads disappear after 60 days.
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Postby druidae1492 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:23 pm

Oh yeah, thank you Green~lake. Harvest is starting this week. I'll see how it goes. Hey, do you know if the rigging from D&R Marine fits the Proctor racing masts as well as the standard ones?
We can not control the weather, we can only adjust our sails.
Freyjanna. Hull 10179, sail 1786.
druidae1492

Postby carl10579 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:48 pm

Any idea what shipping might cost?
carl10579

Postby GreenLake » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:43 pm

Looks like the 60 days count from the last, not first post in a thread...

So, it would be nice if the seller would give some indication whether this listing is still open or the item sold.
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Postby dpatrick » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:34 pm

Still available! For some reason even though I believe I'm set up to get updates, I haven't seen anything about this post in my email. My apologies for not responding sooner. I have no idea how much it would cost to ship. The foil for the furler is plastic and would need to be rolled up, that's how they ship new. Doesn't weigh too much though. I've acually used it recently as well, very fun for light wind days but I'd love to sell it and invest the money into other things the boat needs. I live in Maine.
dpatrick

Postby GreenLake » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:52 pm

Ah, if the foil rolls up then shipping wouldn't be particularly difficult or expensive.

Sometimes, the e-mail sent from the forum doesn't seem to be getting through to people. Suggest to both sellers and buyers that you send PMs (personal message via the forum in addition to posting in the thread) and if either gives a phone number or email in the post - always use that one.
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Return to FS: Sails