Daysailer 3 Manual Needed

Regarding the DS3 only. Note that the DS3 is not a class-legal Day Sailer.

Moderator: GreenLake

Daysailer 3 Manual Needed

Postby beaugoff » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:36 pm

I just acquired a daysailer 3 but am looking for a manual. Also, what are the difference between a Daysailer 1,2 and 3.
beaugoff

Need Sails and Sail Cover for DS 3

Postby beaugoff » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:38 pm

Looking for sails and sailcover for newly acquired Daysailer 3. Any help mappreciated
beaugoff

Re: Daysailer 3 Manual Needed

Postby GreenLake » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:51 pm

I understand the freeboard is higher in the rear. So the hull shape is different (how significant that is, and in what condition that really brings an advantage, I have no idea).

All models of DaySailer differ in details of the cockpit layout, probably best you go and look through the gallery (and people's personal galleries) for photos that might give you an idea.

Another area of variability is the way the centerboard is controlled (lever=DS1, rope/cable=DS2). Read some of the old post and you'll quickly get an idea.

All individual boats differ in details of the running rigging, as the class association does not control how you rig your sheets and halyards. (Because of that, a manual may not cover the configuration on your boat, if it is not original).

That should give you a start, but, let me repeat: go and read in the older posts; there should be plenty of interesting subjects, especially if you are new to boating. Not all subjects are always discussed in the appropriate area; I would look at both DS1 and DS2 sections, as well as repair, rigging, etc.

In the latter you may find discussion of how various people have rigged their boat. If you have a question that fits one of those themes, create a new topic in the appropriate section. (Look in the info section on how to post pictures, so that you can show off your boat in this DS3 section, or illustrate stuff related to a question in some of the other areas of the forum).

Finally, Welcome to the forum and enjoy your DS!
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Re: Need Sails and Sail Cover for DS 3

Postby GreenLake » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:55 pm

beaugoff wrote:Looking for sails and sailcover for newly acquired Daysailer 3. Any help mappreciated

I believe all sails work for all the models of the DS. If you are looking to purchase a used set, try the section on "want to buy". We prefer to have such posts there, so we can clean them after they sit for 60 days. They are usually no longer relevant by then.

If you are willing to spring for a new set of sails, there's a discussion of various sailmakers etc in the "Sails" section.

If you want general suggestions on how to go about it, tell us a bit more about where you sail, what type of sailing you do, etc.
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Postby Moose » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:13 pm

Are you in the northeast? I have a DS3 in Fairhaven, MA.

Almost anything you could need is already on this forum, including rigging the centerboard, and tiller. Sails are the same as other DS boats, except that if you have a roller furling jib you will want a seized luff wire in the jib. These can be got through D&r marine, intensity, north... almost any sail loft.

-Moose
Moose

Postby stecker » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:49 am

Hi, I also have acquired a Daysailer III and am in Little Compton, RI. I'd like to come look at your boat sometime and maybe ask a few questions. My centerboard is stuck up and my boat is now off the trailer on stilts so I can work on it.

I hope to get in the water soon...

thanks,

Michelle
stecker

Postby stecker » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:51 am

Moose – I've tried searching "rigging the centerboard" but came up empty... Any other suggestions for getting to threads for centerboard set-up with photos?

Thanks,

Michelle
stecker

Postby GreenLake » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:36 pm

Have you looked at the discussions for the DSII_? I suspect there are some similarities in the way these are designed. There are lots of CB discussions for the DSII
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Postby PrintPiper » Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:56 am

I too have recently aquired a Day Sailer III and am looking for a Manual. Please let me know where I can aquire one. Used or new in good condition.
Thanks,
Printpiper
PrintPiper

Return to Day Sailer III Only