2009 NACR

Discussion of events open to DaySailers

Moderator: GreenLake

2009 NACR

Postby Bob Hunkins » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:23 pm

The 2009 North American Championship (NACR) will be held at Stage Harbor, Chatham, Massachusetts, home of Fleet 18.

Please see the Notice of Race and the regatta website for more information.
Bob Hunkins
#11750, "Surprise"
San Leon, Texas
Bob Hunkins
Site Admin

Forms and notices

Postby Bob Hunkins » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:56 pm

Bob Hunkins
#11750, "Surprise"
San Leon, Texas
Bob Hunkins
Site Admin

DS NACR 2009

Postby Fleet 18 SHYC » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:59 am

We look forward to having lots of boats on the starting line this summer, with FREE housing to all off-Cape participants if possible. Please get your entry forms in early, and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks! Richard Batchelder, DS 3934
Fleet 18 SHYC

Postby Bob Hunkins » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:56 am

From Richard Batchelder:
DS NACR update -- we have 29 confirmed entries, and several more have indicated interest. We have extended the early registration deadline to July 6. This will be the largest NACR in years, and we hope to make it one of the best. We have at least four former National Champions participating, and the competition will be terrific. I would still like to get more boats, and would love to reach the 35-40 boat number. So please spread the word to friends and colleagues who may still be on the fence. Our offer of FREE housing to all off- Cape boats stands, and we also have charter boats available. As for waiver requests, we now have three in the works, all from members of several years standing of the host club, Stage Harbor Yacht Club. I hope that these will all be approved as they are gung-ho about the event and Day Sailers. Two of the three are members of the Board of Directors of our club. They all have kids in our sailing program. One is already making arrangements to buy a boat from another DS member who is traveling to the regatta. Finally, is there a way to send a blast email to all DSA members to make one last effort to get more entries? Let me know. Thanks for all your help. Richard
Bob Hunkins
#11750, "Surprise"
San Leon, Texas
Bob Hunkins
Site Admin

Return to Events