Fleets Page

General announcements and information specific to the DaySailer forums.

Moderator: GreenLake

Fleets Page

Postby jpclowes » Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:47 am

Hi Mike
The site looks great! But I was wondering. Could you update the fleets page. It looks like it is a holdover from the previous page setup. It has some outdated info on it (For example I know the Cincinnati Fleet is not active any more, and our fleet in Columbus is not mentioned.) Also you used to have links to different fleet webpages on the links page, and don't any more. Could you put that back?

Just some ideas. Like I said before the site looks great.

J.P. Clowes

P.S. Any chance you and your boat will be in Columbus around Memorial Day? :D
J .P. Clowes
Eastern Great Lakes Regional V.P.
DSI 14083
jpclowes

Postby boone » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:57 am

Hi JP.

You're right, it does need updating. It was mostly copied from the old site, and I didn't want to re-create that region graphic.

I'll try to contact the regional Vice Presidents to try to find out what the active fleets are.

In the meantime, what's that link for your fleet again? And what fleet number are you?

BTW, there are links to fleets on that page, any time you see a highlighted name, there should be a link.

I can tell from the stats logs that plenty of people are using the site, but I must admit I've had very little feedback. Maybe no news is good news, but I encourage comments and feedback from any the sailors on our site.

I won't be in Columbus for Memorial Day, but I should be there in June some time. I'll let you know.

Mike.
boone
Site Admin

positive feedback

Postby Roger » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:51 pm

I can tell from the stats logs that plenty of people are using the site, but I must admit I've had very little feedback. Maybe no news is good news, but I encourage comments and feedback from any the sailors on our site

Given your above comment, I just wanted to comment how very useful your site is. I wouldn't want it to go down because of precieved lack of need.

I check this site daily, and often from it will communicate off line with others to resolve issues regarding our daysailors. I have recently bought equipment from half a continent away, shared rigging information, and pictures of rigging configurations, with others all over the world, Brazil, Australia, England, Finland, although most participants I must admit are from the USA. In fact, I have often thought of posting a map and pinning locations of other owners to get a sense of the geography and density distribution of our boats. I do suspect however that the density pattern would be greater on the upper and lower east coasts (Chesepeke % Florida), southern (Florida & Texas) and northwestern (Seattle) areas, but it would be interesting to see where the inland useage is. Perhaps from the member list a density map could be created and added to the board. Just an idea!

Mostly though, I hope this posting prompts others to respond in giving you both vote of appreciation, and an indication of how others use this board.
Roger

Postby psness » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:26 pm

Mike, this site has been priceless to me as a buyer of a DS II last year. I got tremendous info on maintenance and repairs, as well as hardware configuration. I even got the manual from someone on this site. Thanks again!!!

Paul
Paul Ness
1979 DS II
Lake Marburg, PA
psness

Postby texaspsdx » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:04 pm

I second psness. I bought my DS II last year and have read every thread and learned a log. I check the site 3 or 4 times a week. Please keep up the good work!
Ron
texaspsdx

Fleets

Postby Peter McMinn » Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:29 pm

I second all above. Probably there should just be a place to click "Kudos to Mike" for all of us to express our appreciation.

On the topic of updating the FLeets Page, I'd also think about providing some information on what it takes to build and maintain a fleet in the class.

Also, as we try to reconstitute here in Portland, OR, it would be great to have a NW regional contact person to help organize events. The contact info for Whaanga Kewene has long been obsolete.

Peter
Peter McMinn

Postby Lee Peterson » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:39 am

Mike,

I just wanted to echo the comments about how nice this site is. Great job.

Lee
Lee Peterson

Postby jpclowes » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:50 am

Hi Mike,
Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Here is the link to our page:

http://home.earthlink.net/~dsfleet98/

We are Fleet 98. Give me a call when you are in town. We usually sail on Friday nights. If you don't have it already, my number is on the info page about our Memorial Day Regatta on May 28-29th Here in Columbus Ohio.(shameless plug :D )

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks the site looks great! Thanks for taking the time to do it!

J.P. Clowes
J .P. Clowes
DSI 14083
jpclowes

Fleets page

Postby jpclowes » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:56 am

Hi Mike
Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Here is our website, we are fleet 98, in Columbus Oh.

http://home.earthlink.net/~dsfleet98/

Give me a call when you get into town. We usually sail on Friday Nights. My number is on the information page about our (Beware of shameless plug :D ) Memorial Day Regatta here in Columbus Ohio, on May 28, 29th. Call for more information. (Sorry I work in television, I couldn't resist the free commercial)

Thanks for taking the time to administer the website. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks it looks great!

J.P. Clowes

J.P. Clowes
J .P. Clowes
DSI 14083
jpclowes

Return to Forum Info and How To Use the Forum