Handing over from Mike Boone

General announcements and information specific to the DaySailer forums.

Moderator: GreenLake

Handing over from Mike Boone

Postby Bob Hunkins » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:18 pm

Greetings, everyone. In June, Mike Boone announced to the DSA board that he wanted to resign as Webmaster for various reasons. I was selected to succeed Mike, and I'll do my best to keep this site at the high level Mike has brought it since he took the position on several years ago. If you have any questions, or need help with anything, please let me know.

best regards,
Last edited by Bob Hunkins on Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Hunkins
#11750, "Surprise"
San Leon, Texas
Bob Hunkins
Site Admin

Postby Felix Graham-Jones » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:14 am

Bob,
Welcome to the task of filling some large shoes. If you have been in place since June, you have managed the transition remarkably well, and I wish you well in continuing Mike's extraordinary work in maintaining one of the most useful websites I've yet encountered (top of my bookmark list after my own email).
My purpose in this post is really to say, as loud as the board will let me :
"Thank you, Mike"

Fair wind and following seas to you in all your endeavours.

Felix Graham-Jones
Felix Graham-Jones

Postby calden » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:18 am

Bob, many thanks to you for taking this over, and Mike for having built it up and worked so long on it. Let me also echo Felix's comments.

I have found an amazing amount of information here, and it's extremely well-organized. I visit a couple of other sailboat forums and none of them are as easy to glean information from. Some of them also do not share the same level of civility, as Daysailer.org, in their discourse. This is a great example of what a web forum ought to be.

Thanks,

Carlos
DS I #1653
calden

Postby thomas » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:57 pm

I am a relative newcomer to this site, only have "inherited" a ds1 in about June, restoring her but nary a sail, yet, but I've be been overwhelmed by the wealth of information, timely responses and genuine care and willing sharing of helpfull knowledge available here. Huge cudos to mike and bob and all of you who are willingly giving out of your expertise. This is a great community. May it continue to be so!

thomas
thomas

Return to Forum Info and How To Use the Forum