Posting photos with the new format?

General announcements and information specific to the DaySailer forums.

Moderator: GreenLake

Posting photos with the new format?

Postby Alan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:14 pm

Where have all the photos gone....

I read in the FAQs for the new software that photos can no longer be uploaded from our own computer - they must come from a public source. An alternative is that they can be uploaded as attachments. Is that correct?

The photos I've posted as thumbnails in the Doyle UPS thread now show only as image numbers. Can this be fixed?

Are personal galleries still available?
Alan

Re: Posting photos with the new format?

Postby GreenLake » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:24 pm

Alan,

your photos, in particular, had been corrupted the last few days (other people's as well, but not everyone's). We were in the middle of trying to figure out whether the corruption was happening only when I was accessing them or on the server. The thumbnails worked (and if copied, the preview image would show in the windows file folders, but most of the actual image was missing). I don't know whether any of the photos are available at all - Bob would be the only one to know and or find out. As for the FAQ, this is a somewhat generic document that comes with the phpBB software, which itself is rather customizable. Let's wait for Bob to weigh in with his report and or further plans and then we can figure out whether the FAQ's need to be tweaked or augmented by info here to address the situation for this particular forum.
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Postby GreenLake » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:40 pm

Alan wrote:Where have all the photos gone....

...gone and back.
Alan wrote:I read in the FAQs for the new software that photos can no longer be uploaded from our own computer - they must come from a public source. An alternative is that they can be uploaded as attachments. Is that correct?

Using attachments is a new option, but Bob restored the galleries.
Alan wrote:The photos I've posted as thumbnails in the Doyle UPS thread now show only as image numbers. Can this be fixed?

Yes, you can fix your old posts quite easily.
  1. remove the [thumb= and the trailing square bracket, so you have just the image number
  2. Select the image number
  3. Click "album" in the row of buttons above the edit field
  4. Preview and
  5. Submit
Alan wrote:Are personal galleries still available?

They are available again. Access for now through your profile. (Bob is still working on the linking of the "home page" to the galleries, and of the forum back to the home page). And I'm still working on fixing all the instructions (remember the FAQ are generic files that come with the software package, not something Bob or I wrote for the specific setup here).

Hope this helps.
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Postby Alan » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:27 pm

Cool. Thanks kindly, GreenLake. And again, thanks to you and Bob for all of the hard work.
Alan

Return to Forum Info and How To Use the Forum