Past/Upcoming Cruising Events

Where you've been or where you'd like to go. Trip reports or thoughts on how to plan and prepare for a cruise. (A memorable or challenging Daysail totally counts).
Organized cruises events: use the Events forum.
General info on Cruising grounds are found in Fleets/Locations.

Moderator: GreenLake

Past/Upcoming Cruising Events

Postby rrcrazy » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:19 pm

Hi Everyone!

Do you have an upcoming cruising event that you are planning to have (or attempt to have)? If so, it would be great to see it listed in the upcoming Daysailer Quarterly. Submission date has been moved up to March 18, 2021. We can also add it to the calendar on the Daysailer Website. I would love to see the headline changed from "Regattas" to "Regattas/Cruises"!

At the same time, if you have had any cruises that you would like to share your adventures about, we would like to know about that as well! The Quarterly is a great place to share your adventures! Photos are welcome!

Feel free to post here and I'll get things forwarded.

Thanks!
Dan Mejak
DSA National Cruising Chair
Twitter @rrcrazycols
rrcrazy

Re: Past/Upcoming Cruising Events

Postby GreenLake » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:15 am

Would love to oblige you with an event notice or description of past events, but my "cruises" or extended daysails have all been solitary and mostly spontaneous.

That said, we did a fun DaySail in the smoke last year. Nothing much to the sailing part of it, but the conditions were interesting. Not sure that's worth a big write-up. But I may share it in a separate thread here for curiosity's sake.
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Postby GreenLake » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:03 pm

I managed to get it written up for the DSQ. Now that it's published there (and with permission from the DSQ editor), I've adapted the report a bit and put it in a separate topic here - hoping this will encourage others to contribute their cruising stories here or to the DSQ or both.
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Postby GreenLake » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:05 pm

One cruising event that is going on (nearly) unaffected by the pandemic is the annual Texas 200. This year I hear they are expecting well over 60 boats. There's usually a DaySailer or two in the fleet. (Search online for the event name for details, or how to plan for next year).
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Return to Cruising and Daysailing