more ice please

Moderator: GreenLake

more ice please

Postby kokko » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:43 am

What happened to the little girl that went out sailing with her Dad and wanted "more ice please"? I hope she is still sailing.
Great video.
DS1 Truelove
kokko

Re: more ice please

Postby TIM WEBB » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:35 pm

Thanks kokko! That would be the incomparable Miss Ella Webb, and she is alive and well and doing just fine. She is now almost twice as old as she was in that video, and growing up too fast!

The ladies went sailing with me a couple of times last year, but unfortunately neither have been out with me so far this year, because *I* have hardly been out sailing this year! The wx in our neck of the woods has been horrible for it, and I can count on one hand the number of times I've been able to go out since the FL 120 in May. Several planned trips have been cancelled due to wx (and a couple more probably *should* have been!), and even "quickies" to the local lake (Lake Dias, where the video was shot) have ended in being drenched by rain ... <8~/

All hope is not lost tho, as the wx has started to break here (thx to Joaquin's rapid exit), and some of the best sailing wx of the year is right around the corner. So, I'll continue to try to get the ladies to come with me whenever I get to go out again. Have a WCTSS outing planned for next weekend that is a multi-day/multi-night dealio with a 4-5 hour drive each way, so it prolly won't be that one, but next time I get a chance to go to Lake Dias, of course the ladies will be invited along. And I'll make sure to bring plenty of ice ... ;-P

For anyone who missed it, here ya go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzQx_8Ql0pM

(BTW, I sent this link to David Lee Roth, but no response. Hmmm ... I guess he was unimpressed?)
Tim Webb
1979 DS2 10099 The Red Witch
(I used to be Her "staff", in the way dogs have owners and cats have staff, but alas no longer ... <pout>)
TIM WEBB

Re: more ice please

Postby kokko » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:53 am

Wonderful. Joyous! Thank you for the update.
DS1 Truelove
kokko

Return to Seamanship and boat handling