Jacksonville post Irma

Moderator: GreenLake

Re: Jacksonville post Irma

Postby DigitalMechanic » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:44 pm

GreenLake wrote:
DigitalMechanic wrote:And last but not least, here is the ramp that we have been talking about retrieving this whole time...

YEAHHH the ramp!

LOL... Yes! The ramp has returned!
DigitalMechanic

Postby TIM WEBB » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:18 am

DigitalMechanic wrote:He was a member, but I do not think he is now. He never used that boat. It just sat. I don't think he prepared it for the storm (tied it down etc). But then again it may not have helped if he did. Who knows?

Yeah, we are going through reconstruction pains. Like I said, we make it work. Everyone helps out :wink:

Having gone through many hurricanes in my 22 years in FL, I was always amazed at how the human spirit prevails. I watched guys who couldn't stand each other, for some silly, long forgotten reason, help each other clear their yards. These storms tend to remind us all how small and insignificant we all are on this tiny blue dot in space ...
Tim Webb
1979 DS2 10099 The Red Witch
(I used to be Her "staff", in the way dogs have owners and cats have staff, but alas no longer ... <pout>)
TIM WEBB

Postby TIM WEBB » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:21 am

DigitalMechanic wrote:And last but not least, here is the ramp that we have been talking about retrieving this whole time...

Our dock is much higher now, not sure if we will be able to put the ramp back in service.

Be a shame to not re-use "The Ramp", after all you went through to find, mark, and salvage it?
Tim Webb
(I used to be Her "staff", in the way dogs have owners and cats have staff, but alas no longer ... <pout>)
TIM WEBB

Postby DigitalMechanic » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:50 am

I know right? The dock is so much higher now. They elected to build over the remains of the old dock (vs removing) to save money. There are a lot of expenses/projects outside of the dock that still need to occur as well. It was (and still is) an expensive storm. I am sure we will find a place for the ramp once we get it all figured out. It's original purpose was to lead down to the big wooden floating dock. Not sure where it will end up the the construction is done, but maybe something can be added to it to make it longer so it can be re-used?
DigitalMechanic

Postby TIM WEBB » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:47 pm

Sell it to one of the local pirates in need of a plank? ;-P
Tim Webb
TIM WEBB

Previous

Return to Fleets/Locations