QYC/Fleet 67 (N.E. Mass)

Moderator: GreenLake

QYC/Fleet 67 (N.E. Mass)

Postby persephone » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:06 pm

Just a quick note to let folks know Quannapowitt Yacht Club (home of fleet 67) has the 2010 calender online.
http://www.sailqyc.com/2010_calendar
As one of the newer members of QYC and 67 I'm not the official ambassador. That said it would be great to see a few more daysailers at the line, or just out enjoying the lake.
Personally I would like to extend an invitation to anyone here on the forums to come by and visit during one of the open houses, or get in touch with me if you are interested in going sailing or racing one day with me. (Name removed pending change) should be in the water by mid to late April.
Here's hoping we see some new faces this spring.
Geoff Plante, former DS1 owner
1950(ish) vintage National One Design.
persephone

Postby persephone » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:08 pm

Just an update,

The docks are in and so is my boat. There have been some changes to the calender, so check again if there was an event you were thinking about at the club.
persephone

Postby jdubes » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:40 am

I've checked out this site a few times, but for some reason they have limited specifics on Daysailer activities for 2010. Any thoughts?
jdubes

Postby persephone » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:57 am

Hi jdubes,

There aren't many Daysailer only events. I'll check to see if there are any specifics for the two DS races we are hosting, it may just be too early.

Maybe we can host a few more DS events if there is interest. I have thought a regatta for un-measured or non class legal boats might be fun. Less competitive, more for just the fun of it. Or maybe a get together/cookout.

If anybody has some ideas drop a line.
persephone

Return to Fleets/Locations