It's cold enough to freeze my Daysailer off...

Moderator: GreenLake

It's cold enough to freeze my Daysailer off...

Postby hectoretc » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:25 pm

Greetings Minnesota (and area) Daysailers,

I know there are a few of us out here, Kent and Kevin for sure, I've already connected with via email. If there are others, maybe you want to make yourself known by posting here sometime in the next month and perhaps in January we'll get together for dinner or a few drinks. You guys can talk about your sailing experiences, while I listen and talk about the time I almost put my toe in the water.

This was kind of amazing... I wanted to include a winter sailboat picture so I googled sailboat or daysailer and snow (or something like that, I don't remember exactly) and found a picture that worked perfect for me... turns out it was on the daysailer.org site (thanks GL)

Anyway, back to the subject... Posting here in here doesn't commit you to anything and no salesman will call, but letting us know you're out there will insure you are at least invited if we decide to put some informal gathering together. Maybe we'll pull all the boats (on trailers) into a parking lot, circle them around a snowdrift, put up the sails and make the people inside wonder what the heck is happening... (or not). Anyway, again please just let us know if you're within winter traveling distance from the Twin Cities (we have a big airport) and if your too close to fly, and too far to drive, maybe in February or March we'll meet you 1/2 way.

Again, nothing planned yet, but we'll see what happens.
Thanks - Scott
DS #6127 - Breakin' Wind - From the land of 10,000 lakes, which spend 80% of the year frozen it seems...
hectoretc

Postby GreenLake » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:32 pm

Scott, Glad you liked my picture. Good luck on getting things organized in your area, alas, despite the signature photo, I'm not in the running :(
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Mid Winter Regatta

Postby Skippa » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:27 pm

I usually go to the Minneapolis Boat Show on the opening night, Diner at the Market BBQ is often a part of that tradition.
Boat show for 2012 is Jan 19-22. The coldest week of the year !
Open to other suggestions as well. Anytime is a good time to talk sail for me.
Kevin
Skippa

Get together

Postby kokko » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:01 am

A grand idea. Dave curle is here in the cities too
DS1 Truelove
kokko

Postby Karl Teske » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:40 am

I'll be up in Green Bay the weekend of January 14th for the United States Canoe Association's winter meeting.
kayaker
Karl Teske

Postby DavidF » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:31 pm

Scott,

I am in Minneapolis. I just picked up a DSII at the end of the season. After a few failed attempts at late-season sailing, it went straight to storage... I wouldn't mind getting together for a beer with some of the other local DS sailors.
1977 DS2 #8687
DavidF

Last call

Postby hectoretc » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:45 pm

Last call for anyone local to Minneapolis or St. Paul Minnesota that would like to join of few of us for a drink or food or sharing of sailing stories.

Let us know if you're out there and we'll include you in our plans.

Thanks - Scott
DS #6127 - Breakin' Wind - From the land of 10,000 lakes, which spend 80% of the year frozen it seems...
hectoretc

Return to Fleets/Locations