Crew

Moderator: GreenLake

Crew

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 06, 2000 6:02 pm

I just purchased my dream boat. A magnificent Spindrift DS-1. The gentleman I bought this boat from maintain it, like I hope too. It is ready to sail and so am I. My problem is I live 12 miles from Americus, GA. That's " way down yonder in the land of cotton." Nearest water is the Gulf Coast. I must trailer to sail. I am writing this in hopes of interesting someone in crewing for me, if I show up at a DS event.
I know I am stretching it but you never know till you try. I have been sailing all of my life. My brother
for whom I crewed was the competitive one. My phone no - 912-937-5379.

warren mathisen (wmathise-at-sowega.net)

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 08, 2000 11:35 am

Warren,

Until you find crew, you can single hand a DS in light winds. The cuddy-mounted jib cleats that your boat has (if stock) can be difficult to release from the back of the boat. Also, you'll need a tiller extension if you don't have one.

See other discussions on this site should you decide to reposition jib cleats to thwarts, gunnels, or elsewhere.

Kevin Clark
DS 11791 (an '84 Spindrift DS 1)

Kevin Clark (clarkr-at-aud.alcatel.com)

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:30 am

I have moved. Now living in Prescott Valley AZ 86314
928-775-2242. I have spent pretty much since I placed this ad moving. I am now settled in and hoping to find someone to go sailing with. I was told I could single hand my daysailer. I was aware of that but would rather have someone to sail with.

Warren Mathisen (warren.mathisen-at-att.net)

Return to Miscellaneous