Removing Sail Numbers

Moderator: GreenLake

Removing Sail Numbers

Postby PDuckX » Tue May 09, 2006 6:15 pm

I know this has been discussed before, but I am having poor luck in locating it in the old topics.
Does anyone know the easiest way to remove the numbers from a used sail?

Thanks
Andy - Former DaySailer Owner
PDuckX

Postby Phill » Mon May 15, 2006 9:28 pm

Andy, try using Lacquer thinner. Slowly let the solvent loosen the glue.

Dont try other solvents, they will damage the sail.

good Luck.

phill 8)
Phill

Postby PDuckX » Mon May 15, 2006 10:35 pm

Thanks Phill, I guess you know what sail I am talking about. If I don't get to it soon will I be using the same number as you over memorial Day Weekend?
See you in a couple of weeks.

:lol:
PDuckX

Postby Phill » Mon May 15, 2006 11:47 pm

Andy, which sail number is on that one? I had a set with 2365 ? that I parted with and another with 2543 and then 13161, I race with 2543, so maybe you can leave the numbers. Or, once I had a set and I just removed one number, 13161 became 1316, and I still use that main for local thursday stuff. Having the correct number is important for sanctioned championships and the like. but for local and smaller regional, you can check with the other racers and no one usually will mind.
Sorry I cant remember which set you got. If you are talking about a spinaker, Our class rules do not require that the spin number be the same as the main. Did you get my 'o6' spin ?

Really looking forward to meeting you!!
phill
Phill

Postby PDuckX » Tue May 16, 2006 10:43 am

It is the 2365 main and I cant remember the number of the spin. My number is 3056 so I only need to remove two numbers from each side of the main.
I may or may not attend the PCC's depending on my work schedule as the date gets closer. I am already taking a couple of weeks off this year and one more may be to much. I will probably have the number issue sorted out by then anyway.

Hope you are enjoying the 90 degree days.
PDuckX

Return to Racing/Performance