Information on attending Nationals

Moderator: GreenLake

Information on attending Nationals

Postby persephone » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:00 pm

Hello,

So this was my first year owning a daysailer. I didn't get to race, didn't even get to sail in the company of others much this year. Anyway I'm looking for information on what I will need to do to attend the nationals seeing as they are in my home state in 2009. I will have an experienced skipper and of course a boat. I'm not looking to win, just attend and have a good time. The boat does not have a measurement certificate. Also I'm not looking for tuning and go fast tips so much as 'here's how to get your boat measured, and you will need x, y and z'. All information greatly appreciated.
Geoff Plante, former DS1 owner
1950(ish) vintage National One Design.
persephone

Postby Bob Damon » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:45 pm

Geoff, First you will need to join the Day Sailer Class Assoc if you have not already done so. Application is found under the drop down for Day Sailer Assoc. In the last DS Quarterly there was a tenative schedule for the week. Instructions for measuring and the measurement certificant is located in the Day Sailer Handbook, again in the drop down for the DSA. Contact the New England Regional VP for help. I believe it is still Ron Allman at Lake Massapog in Sharon. If you have specific question about measurement, contact me as I am the Measurer. As far as go fast secrets and rigging having someone be able to look at your boat with you is the best thing to do. Good Luck, Bob Damon
Bob Damon
Class Measurer

Postby persephone » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:03 pm

Thank you, Bob.
persephone

Postby Bob Damon » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:44 pm

Geoff, Also there is a website with current info at www.shyc.com/DSNACR. Bob
Bob Damon
Class Measurer

Thanks

Postby persephone » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:30 pm

Thanks for the information. Looks like I won't be able to attend though. I 'm scheduled to take a 3 week square rig seamanship training program aboard the US Brig Niagara at the same time the nationals are being held. :( I will get plenty of sailing in though. I meet the ship in Grand Haven MI, sail to Chicago and then we sail around Michigan to Niagara's home port of Erie PA. I'm sad to miss the nationals, but very excited to be going aboard the Niagara.
persephone

Return to Racing/Performance