To Join or Not o Join the Daysailer Association

Moderator: GreenLake

To Join or Not o Join the Daysailer Association

Postby Imgaryo1 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:07 pm

I would like to start a discussion about why people decide to join or not join the Daysailer Association. When I read through the various forums, I see many comments about how helpful this website is and about the useful tips regarding a wide array of topics from sailing to making repairs to towing. Many of the ideas actually transform your Daysailer into a non class legal boat ie. no longer a Daysailer. Yet many of you are not members.

I would like to know why you chose to take advantage of the service we provide and yet do not support the efforts of the association from which you see a benefit. There are definite costs associated with providing these benefits and people behind the scenes volunteering their time to bring this website to you.

At the 2009 NACR board meeting, and many other meetings before that, there was a discussion about this very topic. Various ideas were floated about how to increase the membership numbers and one of them was making areas of the website available to members only thus providing an incentive for non-members to join. Another was to charge a fee for want ads and 4-sale ads.

Please weigh in with your thoughts and comments. Members and non members welcome.....for the time being.
Jaghen--Sail number 2551
Imgaryo1
President

Return to Racing/Performance