360 VR video of my DSIII

Regarding the DS3 only. Note that the DS3 is not a class-legal Day Sailer.

Moderator: GreenLake

360 VR video of my DSIII

Postby SMichelsen » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:12 pm

Well the season is slowly coming to a close here in Lewes, DE. I hope to get out on Rehohoth Bay at least a few more times before it gets just "too cold". Anyway, this has been a tough year with a storm in the middle of the season toppling my boat and it's trailer, consequently mangling and snapping the mast. I was fortunate to find a free mast (for a DSI/II) that I was able to modify and build up to work on my DSIII. The last few weeks have gone very well.

I shot a short 360 VR video of a recent trip on the bay. Run this fullscreen, and swipe or drag around to look up, down, left and right. I will be watching this over the winter, looking forward to next year. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/b3gd5_fAtbY

Steve
SMichelsen

Re: 360 VR video of my DSIII

Postby GreenLake » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:37 pm

Nice!
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Postby Alan » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:58 pm

Excellent! I love the way you can change the perspective and get a wide-view image. I'll be watching this one more than once.
Alan

Postby bilbo » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:23 pm

This is an excellent video, thank you for posting it. I’ve watched it a few times looking at different things each time. Very cool.

I am on a vintage snowmobile forum that has a section called ‘virtual sled rides.’ It’s videos like this on members’ different snowmobiles. I wonder if there would be enough to populate something like that on this site. This video would make an excellent start.
bilbo

Return to Day Sailer III Only