2007 NACR

Discussion of events open to DaySailers

Moderator: GreenLake

2007 NACR

Postby Lee Peterson » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:43 am

2007 Day Sailer NACR Announcement

The 2007 Day Sailer NACR will be held from July 8 through 12, 2007 on Lake Onalaska near LaCrosse, Wisconsin. Day Sailer Fleet 132 and the LaCrosse Sailing Club will be hosting the event and we invite all members of the Day Sailer Association to come and enjoy great hospitality and fun competition. We're planning to continue the tradition of a Junior NACR early in the week and expect to have both Presidential and Championship fleets for the main regatta. Please watch the Day Sailer Web site www.DaySailer.org and the Quarterly for information updates as schedules and planning become more complete. You can find out more about Lake Onalaska and the LaCrosse Sailing Club on the club's web site at www.lax-sailing.org For more information please contact regatta organizer Lee Peterson at leep@acegroup.cc or by phone at 507-875-2324. We hope to see you all next July.

Lee
Lee Peterson

Some 2007 NACR info

Postby Lee Peterson » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:21 am

I've received some questions from prospective racers and here is some information that I'd like to pass along.

We've divided the planning for the event among several of us from LaCrosse and we're just in the initial stages. So at this point lodging, costs, meals, activities etc. are all tentative. We'll be posting updated information as we develop the plans.

We think that we may be able to provide some very rudimentary camping but expect that most participants will want to stay in nearby motels or campgrounds. The sailing club has very modest facilities which means no showers or cooking accommodations. We'll be posting a list of possible lodging accommodations as we progress with the planning.

The Regatta costs are yet to be determined but we're probably going to structure prices on an ala carte basis so people can select to pay for meals, tee shirts, etc. based on their personal needs and desires. I would guess that the entry fee for several days of racing could be in the $100 range with ala carte items priced to cover costs. Once again, as we firm up our planning we'll be posting a fee schedule.

As far as your boat meeting specifications, you'll want to go to the Day Sailer web site and review the specifications listed there to insure that your boat will be legal to compete. The class specs are rigidly followed for the NACR. If you don't have a valid measurement certificate, your boat will be weighed and your sails measured plus the spars and foils checked as part of the registration and measurement process. Luckily you have all winter to make sure the boat is "class legal" and meets all the requirements.

One other thing that is important is for you to be a DSA member for 2006 as well as next year for 2007. If you're not a member yet, I urge you to contact Pat Skeen ASAP and become a member. The membership requirements for the NACR are designed to help keep the competition fair and promote the Day Sailer Class. People who buy a Day Sailer in 2007 will need to become DSA members in 2007 to participate.

Finally, you should become familiar with the current Racing Rules of Sailing. Knowing the rules will greatly reduce the risk of collisions and penalties on the course as well as provide knowledge you can use when developing strategies and tactics during the races.

I'm excited by the response I've received already and I am really looking forward to a great regatta. I expect that we'll be able to compete against some of the best Day Sailer crews in North America, meet some great people and develop many new friendships. I'm looking forward to seeing you in LaCrosse next July.

Lee
Lee Peterson

Postby boone » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:57 am

The Notice of Race has been posted (52kB PDF).
Anhinga, DS 5702
boone
Site Admin

Postby boone » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:31 pm

The Schedule has been posted (44kB PDF).
Anhinga, DS 5702
boone
Site Admin

Updates

Postby boone » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:11 am

Lee has sent me a whole slew of information for the NACR. These are all links to PDF files:

Anhinga, DS 5702
boone
Site Admin

NACR Registration is Getting Close

Postby Lee Peterson » Mon May 21, 2007 6:58 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The June 10 deadline for regular registration for the NACR is drawing near. Registrations mailed after June 10 will require an additional $50, so I urge you to get your forms and check in the mail this week.

If you've already registered, you should have received an email from me confirming that I received it. If you didn't get that email, then I haven't received your paperwork. If there's any question, please check with me via email or phone at 507-875-2324.

We're looking forward to some competitive sailing so send in your registration and join us in July.

Sincerely,

Lee Peterson
Lee Peterson

2007 NACR Race Results

Postby Froto » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:59 pm

Where can I get information on the race results of the 2007 NACR's?
Thanks
Froto

Postby Bob Hunkins » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:19 pm

Check the front page of the web site for the results. We just got them in from Wisconsin with all the i's dotted and t's crossed.
Bob Hunkins
#11750, "Surprise"
San Leon, Texas
Bob Hunkins
Site Admin

Return to Events